Wednesday, May 1, 2019

The one about sadness but not really

So this last post is kind of late (sorry Dr. Clarkson!), but my time in the program has come to an end. I took our last exam and walked out, got one good ole picture, and was on my way. There are many things ahead for me. AMCAS opened today, my MCAT is coming up, and soon, I'll hopefully be able to send an email to my faculty here that I've been admitted.

The program has provided with good times, better learning, and some of the best memories and friends. In a way, that's what it's really all about, right? What is an education without memories? What is advancement without some fun? If you're reading this, the program has provided me with everything I wanted and more, as you'd expect with a program of 30 people. I'll be staying in New Orleans for a bit, but looking back I enjoyed every moment I got to have here. From eating late at night, to cramming for a test, to sharing communal meals, to sweating my face off, to teaching each other, and to making memories, Tulane has offered me more than an education (if that isn't already apparent). To my faculty, thanks for keeping me on my toes and putting up with my dumb questions. To my classmates, thanks for keeping it weird and I'll be keeping an eye out to all the amazing things you do to change the world. To New Orleans? Thanks for being the place full of history, love, food, and experience that made me want to come back in the first place.

As always, if you've got questions, you can reach me at andrewtvan@gmail.com. Still a little hard to believe little ole me ended up getting a Master's degree. Roll Wave!

April Service Hours: 6
Cumulative Spring Hours: 40
2018-2019: 73.5

No comments:

Post a Comment