Sunday, September 30, 2018

Month 1

Time sure does fly. It's been a month since I've packed everything from The Magic City (Birmingham) and journeyed to The Big Easy (New Orleans). It's been a fun month. I've settled into the program and we've already passed our first block exam (I am studying for my second one as I write this) and I've had so much enjoyment getting back in the drivers seat. After not doing anything in the summer but work, it's refreshing to get back into learning (weird, I know). I've come to appreciate everything Tulane has to offer from our small, personable cohort, to other, broader things like facilities, the gym, and keeping up with what's going on in the research part of things at the campus. I have to admit, I do miss Birmingham, but I might have to claim two homes.

In my free time, I've spent time studying obviously, but the rest exploring the classics. I've ran various places in the New Orleans area, checked out the coffee shop scene, and of course, eaten. I think we all know New Orleans is known for food, but it's so hard to pick. This alone is something I could probably write a book on, let alone a blog post.

Soon, I'll start volunteering. I've chosen to volunteer at Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine. Long story short, I'll have the opportunity to help cook and spread good nutrition. Sometime next month you'll read extensively about this from my perspective. More information about the Goldring Center can be found below. In addition to volunteering, I'm currently contemplating diving back into research. Until next time!

https://culinarymedicine.org/about-us/

September Community Service Hours: 0
Total Community Service Hours: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment